Subject: [Leica] High School Photo Program
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue May 30 08:53:38 2006

At 11:46 AM 5/30/2006, you wrote:
>>, in my experience, except at magnet schools and in larger cities.
>>Arche
>>Nashville

I speak to high school and college classes in the Charlotte area
about photography as a career all the time.  There are lots of really
good photography classes.  The high school ones tend to lean more
towards "art" photography and darkroom work, although they are moving
into digital.  The college classes have moved totally to digital.  I
used to teach photography at a technical college until they got rid
of the darkroom to put in computers, discovered they couldn't afford
the computers yet, and wanted me to teach for two years with
neither!  I declined.  Now they have state-of-the-art computer
systems.  There are private schools in Charlotte with fantastic
darkrooms but some public schools have them, too.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] High School Photo Program)