Subject: [Leica] Digital Leica M
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Tue Jun 6 19:55:37 2006

At 07:40 PM 6/6/2006, Frank Filippone wrote:

>Yes, it is possible ( and probably more likely ) that the corrections are
>in some software in the PC, not the camera.  I did not
>think of that.
>
>I think you are wrong in your estimate of the "extension factor" .  The
>lens is, and always will be, a 135mm lens.  It is not, nor
>ever will be a 180.  The field of view is what you are referring to by
>using the (badly worded adaptation of the industry) crop
>factor.  If the RF base is the same as the M6, then the 135/3.4 should
>focus correctly.

You could be right. I am not a camera tech :-) If you are right though,
that probably means that the RF base is very short. There's a formula
somewhere, but if a Bessa Rx can focus a 90/4 with its short RF baselength,
how much shorter can the digital M be and still be compatible with Noctilux
1.0? So something doesn't smell right on this side of the pond!!!

>No Speculation?  .. isn't this the LUG?

Yes, but LUGgers have the amazing knack of driving everything to its
infinite "logical" conclusions.... Too much brain, if you ask me :-)

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Digital Leica M)