Subject: [Leica] Digital Leica M
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Tue Jun 6 19:29:38 2006

At 07:18 PM 6/6/2006, Frank Filippone wrote:

>Fascinating......  What is the meaning of "extension factor " on the
>135/F3.4?

They just meant the 1.33 crop factor. Since 135 becomes 135x1.33 or 180mm,
it's a bit long for the RF base for accurate focusing....

>The Tri Elmar is included.... now that is a trick lens to have coded....
>interesting indeed.
>
>It is pretty obvious to me that the corrections ( predistortion or
>whatever you wish to call it)  are done at the factory. and
>pre-programmed into the camera.

Nah, too much speculation. The LEAST type of thing they can be doing is
simply encoding the 6 bits ID in the EXIF or similar metadata field. Any
processing may be done by the RAW converter on the PC/Mac. The camera
itself may or may not do any processing.

I think it's time we invoke the "Ted Grant Law:" stop speculating of this
and that and go out and shoot some pictures :-)

>Sorry, no 1950 Bokeh in a 90 AA.

Sure you can. Alien skin anyone?

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda) ([Leica] Digital Leica M)