Subject: [Leica] Senegal bis
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Wed Jun 7 13:09:06 2006

Hi Dick,

Thanks for taking the time to look, and esp. for taking the time to
comment.
You picked a few of my own favorites, too: I tend to prefer images
where you see a genuine interaction between a few people, that
sometimes include other people who do not participate or are excluded
in the background. Don't ask me why.
You're not the first one suggesting tighter crops either. But I
deliberately did this: one of the things that really jumped into my
eye when I was there, was that it was virtually impossible to create
'private' moments. There was always somebody else -or hurds of other
people- around, closeby, standing there, watching, sometimes
participating or trying to sell something. Very seldom I could frame
something as I wanted without including stuff that I didn't want.
As if over there people have smaller personal boundaries than we
have. And I wanted to convey this.
In other circumstances I would probably have framed or cropped
closer, too.

Thanks again for looking,
Philippe

Op 7-jun-06, om 19:35 heeft Richard S. Taylor het volgende geschreven: