Subject: [Leica] re: armed america
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Thu Jun 8 13:30:39 2006

>From: Philippe Orlent <philippe.orlent@pandora.be>
>
>I question that just arises: how do you work for this series? Do you
ask
>your subjects to show their arms the way they personally want to and
where
>they want to, or do you give them any steering/suggestions?
>
>Thanks for showing,
>
>Philippe
>
>http://www.availabledark.com/~ratty/armedamerica/jim/jim3.jpg

Hi philippe -- it's a little of both. Sometimes I get there to hear
"this is the only room we can photograph in, because it's the one I
cleaned", other times I get "look around, tell me what you want to do"
-- in most places I try and do at least two different setups. Sometimes,
such as the hunter with the moose head, everything is pretty much
dictated already by the room -- there was largely only one angle I could
use to get what I wanted and exclude sofas and chairs and the like.
Usually I'm the one suggesting the poses to accommodate the room.

I also did one like this:

http://www.availabledark.com/~ratty/armedamerica/jim/1.jpg

But jim pretty much set himself up, the dog jumped in his lap -- that
was about it.

Kyle

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] re: armed america)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] re: armed america)