Subject: [Leica] Pretentious?
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun Jun 11 12:46:40 2006

There's an old story out of the Boston Symphony from the late 1940s or
early 50s.   Seems there was a French violinist in the orchestra who was
notorious for knowing about nothing except classical music.

Once, during Pops season, the guest performer was an *very* famous popular
male singer of the time who had been in the international public eye for
years.  As a joke, some of the violinist's colleagues decided to introduce
him to this singer and see what would happen.  So they brought the singer
over to him during a rehearsal break and asked him if he knew _______.  The
violinist replied:  "Of course I know ze Franck Sonata.  But who eez zis man?

--Peter, who's sure Ralph Gibson doesn't know who I am, either.