Subject: Consumerism [was RE: [Leica] Digital Leica M]
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue Jun 13 16:32:48 2006

>Somehow "stupid waste" and "doesn't make sense to replace" don't
>play well together.

They don't, but I can't get a replacement battery for $29 here. I
sometimes repair things I could replace for the same price, but
paying a lot more for a battery for a drill of substantially lower
performance is not something that makes sense.

>If we don't get smart about our "stupid waste" our grandkids will
>have some very serious problems. Re: batteries - always check
>Batteries Plus. They claim they can supply anything at a very fair
>price and will properly dispose of the dead ones. So far they've
>proved themselves true to their word.

Batteries Plus may work for you in the US, but not for me. I can
dispose of batteries reasonably, but I can't get good prices on all
replacement types.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design