Subject: [Leica] Digital Leica M - Now OT D200 Q
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 19:26:54 2006

In a message dated 6/14/2006 8:09:01 AM Central Daylight Time,
clive.moss@gmail.com writes:
I can use any old  Nikon F-mount lens on the D200 by entering its
maximum aperture and focal length.
The coding only works for metering and aperture recognition if it is a ai-s
lens, with the tab on the back of the lens.  Otherwise it does not read out
the
lens aperture, just how many stops down from wide open.  Also I don't think
it will use the matrix and spot meters with the lens, only the ai-s lenses
can
use these two metering modes.

While on the subject of the D200, has anyone seen the problem where half of
the frame has a different density or looks discolored?  This phenominon is
in
the plane the shutter moves and is on the same side of the frame. Maybe the
shutter?  I was shooting some flyball photos this past weekend and 90% of my
photos are like this.  I was shooting at iso 1600 and using my 180/2.8 MF
ai-s
lens wide open.  This thing is just about a month old...

Gene

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Digital Leica M - Now OT D200 Q)