Subject: [Leica] 24x36mm sensor for the RFDM
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 02:52:29 2006

Rangefinder WA lenses are made to a design that is unsuited to
digital sensors. Even if the Canon sensor was used it would give
disappointing results with these lenses.

Lenses designed for reflex  cameras are considerably more suited to  digital
sensors - sadly. --Frank
---------------------
Hi Frank,

I assume the problems Canon solved in the reflex design were akin to those
in a Leica RFDM. It's just a question of when the 35mm RF sensor will be
adapted  and will arrive at Solms and how much Canon will charge for them. I
hope
Leica  will retain the mechanical front end of the M. So we're off to the
main
event in  digital.

Bob

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] 24x36mm sensor for the RFDM)