Subject: [Leica] Digital Leica M
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Sat Jun 17 11:11:08 2006

Me? Wrong? Surely you jested?! :-)

Come on, we know a thousand years ago that wide angle RF lens have problems
with vignetting blah blah blah. I am one of the ones that called Leica on
it that as soon as Epson announced the R-D1, they immediately said they are
working on a digital M. etc.

So yea, we know there will be compromise, microlens over sensor, software
solution and may be other magic. whatever. Some of us can handle the fact
that we sank boatload of $$$ into our lens and still need to make
compromises. In fact, some of us have bought and are using the Epson R-D1
for that reason.

But look through the last few posts, and I quote:

"...there seems to be a clear suggestion from Solms that one had better get
the bar codes put on pre July 1, 2006, lenses or live with some pretty
expensive junk.  It sounds as if they've invented a Leica M that in fact
cannot use older lenses without  some lack of image optimization."

LUG Hysteria! I tell ya!!!