Subject: [Leica] 4/3 question
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Sat Jun 17 11:19:00 2006

The key to this puzzle is, "is Olympus continuing with the PRO dSLR line?"
I hope it does, I still have a drawer full of OM lens and a OM-4T. The
whole marketing blurb was that by design a digital system from the ground
up, they can optimize everything. Well, reality isn't quite like that. The
4/3 lens are not noticeably smaller, and they from what I read, aren't
really true telecentric design.

What Olympus does right though, is continue to innovate just a bit more
than others big guys. Ultrasonic vibration to clean the sensor, water
sealing on the E-1, live VF on the E-330 etc.

Now if they can throw a coup with a digital OM: imagine something the size
of the Pentax dSLR (e.g. small), with live View, image stabilization a la
Minolta/Sony, FAST prime lens in wide to normal range, 10MP.... Now that
would be quite interesting.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] 4/3 question)