Subject: [Leica] 777
From: durling at cox.net (Mike Durling)
Date: Sat Jun 17 19:27:59 2006

I tried some of the MCM-100 like 10-15 years ago. I used it for maybe
one roll so this is not a scientific review.  When I went back to look
at the photos they looked pretty mushy to me.  pPD is known as a silver
solvent which destroys definition.  Apparently the Glycin in 777
counteracts this. I don't know the exact chemistry.  There isn't any
glycin in MCM-100.

Don't avoid it based on my say-so, but do let us know how it turns out.

Personally I always wanted to try Edwal 12 or 20.  Both contain pPD and
some glycin.  They also contain lots of sodium sulfite which also cuts
definition.

pPD I think is also used in color developers so its not necessarily a
bad thing.  Once while photographing trains I saw a whole tank car of it
so it must have plenty of uses.  I think they use it in hair dye too.

Mike D

Message from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] 777)
Message from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] 777)