Subject: [Leica] OT: Pacific Coast Highway
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu Jun 29 10:44:03 2006

At 6:43 AM -0400 6/29/06, Walt Johnson wrote:
>Peter
>
>If it was as beautiful as you say they'd have named it California. :-D
>
>Walt

Fortunately most Californians don't know about the Olympic peninsula,
so it doens't get as crowded, even though it has probably greater
variety and more easily accessible spectacular scenery than CA. This
area is the highlight for me, and I've driven the whole distance
between San Diego and Vancouver about 10 times, and most sections a
couple of dozen times. There are parts of the South and Southeast of
the States that I've never been to, but I know the West Coast quite
well

LA, Fresno, Bakersfield - now THAT'S California ;-)

Actually of course, there are many areas of California that I really
like to drive through, including Big Sur, Monterey area, northern
California along the coast near Eureka, as well as Lassen Park and
many others. But Olympic peninsula is a highlight in the West.

And then of course, there is BC. Driving the backroads of BC in my
GT3 on a nice day is hard to beat! Hard to come to a decision whether
to stop and take pictures, but it does happen. :-)

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design

Replies: Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] OT: Pacific Coast Highway)