Subject: [Leica] OT: Pacific Coast Highway
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat Jul 1 00:02:19 2006

Steve:  I have a funny feeling you're right.  :-)  This was taken sometime
between 6:00 and 7:00 AM, after a night of altitude-induced insomnia
(Crater Lake is at about 8,000 ft.).  So I was lucky to be anywhere near
vertical at the time.  :-)  It's also possible the slide got tilted
slightly in my scanner.  I'll have to look at the slide again.

Interesting problem, though.  Short of a bubble level, how do you keep the
horizon straight when there's no straight horizon?

What a show the sky put on that morning!  It was a case of f/8, be there,
and bracket a bit.  One of these days I'm going to get this one printed big
for my wall, so I'll make sure they straighten it out when they do.

--Peter

At 03:50 PM 6/30/2006 -0700, Steve Barbour <kididdoc@cox.net> wrote:
>a truly gorgeous image Peter...
>
>hate to add but...
>(I have the funny feeling it 's tilting slightly left...)  ?!
>
>Steve
>
> > On Jun 29, 2006, at 10:50 PM, Peter Klein wrote:
> >
> >> Bart is not kidding about Crater Lake!
> >> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album225/10Symm
> >>
> >> A bit away from the ocean, though.
> >>
> >> --Peter >>

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] OT: Pacific Coast Highway)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] OT: Pacific Coast Highway)
Reply from leicaluvr at comcast.net (Tom Schofield) ([Leica] OT: Pacific Coast Highway)