Subject: [Leica] Zidane's boo boo
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Mon Jul 10 11:36:10 2006

>>I am sorry but I don not think that the incident will rock Zidanes
>>legacy and I have no doubt that he was povoced more than anyone in here
>>would have accepted. I am sure  he had his reasons for what he did ( not
>>that it has any place in a football game )  In a day or two he will
>>reveals what the Italian player said to him, and when that happens I
>>hope the Italian player who provoced him will be meet with10 times the
>>boooing then young Christiano Ronaldo - prefereably the next 20-30 games
>>(unfortunatly no one watches series C mathes in the italian liga :-) )
>
>Hmmm, he never indicated what (if anything) the Saudi player he
>blatently stomped on in WC 1998 said to him.

Or what the concussed Hamburger SV player said before Zidane knocked him
down with another headbang, ten years ago. I have followed Zidanes career
for the past 12 years as he is a fascinating player. But every junior coach
he ever had told him to control his violent temper better. It has alwaysbeen
his dark side. Genius and maniac in one person. He worked hard on it but the
demons came again - ten minutes before he could have entered the highest
hall of fame for ever. A modern tragedy of greek dimensions.

If one wants to be football player, he must stand such provocations. If in
the world cup or in a 6th level amateur league, insulting, provocating,
grabbing, pulling, pushing is just a normal thing. Zidane knew that.
Nevertheless I'm sorry for him.

Didier

Replies: Reply from ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben) ([Leica] Zidane's boo boo)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Zidane's boo boo)