Subject: [Leica] M7 and Film!
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat Jul 15 00:52:15 2006

Tina:  Your Central American pictures often throw off my normal preference
for B&W in people pictures.  I think it has to do with those splashes of
often vibrant color amidst the drab surroundings.  Maybe not this time,
though.

The wider shot is a good shot of the dwelling, and I like the composition
(nice triangle!), the colored bowls and the light coming between the posts
that form the "walls."  But the woman looks too far away in that shot.

There is a lot of shadow noise or film-on-the-edge-of underexposure in the
color Noctilux picture.  It would probably be my favorite otherwise.  The
scarf really makes it.

The B&W may be the strongest picture in terms of action--I can practically
hear those tortillas sizzle.

All three shots work.  It's a question of what you want to show.  If you
want to show the house, the wide shot does it well.  I suspect that it
makes the room look bigger than it really is, though.  For a picture of the
woman cooking tortillas, I would probably pick the B&W shot.  I think I
would love the middle picture (color Noct) the most if it had been shot on
color neg film with a shade more exposure.

I'm a lousy editor!  I like 'em all!

--Peter

At 06:51 PM 7/14/2006 -0700, Tina posted:

> > http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/63493359
> > http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/63493639

"Purist" B&W
> > http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/63495071

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] M7 and Film!)