Subject: [Leica] The Green Line. :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Jul 21 17:10:20 2006

Don Dory offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] The Green Line. :-)

> Ted,
> Anybody who hasn't been behind the scenes at Olympic events or
> Presidential (Prime Minister) events has no idea of the level of security
> that goes on at these events.  Possibly if you fly on El-Al do you get a
> taste of how multiple check points/specific authorisation levels/anal
> retentive guards/ combined with metal detectors, bomb sniffers, and random
> checks combined with visits from VIP's. <<<<<<<<<

Hi Don,
Yes amazing how much one must go through.... like it or not! Aand apart from
giving blood sample at the gate or entrance it's almost ridiculous, but then
the world had changed for the worse... unfortunately, not for the better!
:-(

> For example, I had an infinity badge during the 96 Olympics in Atlanta
> which
> allowed me access to almost everything(infinity is not really
> infinity).<<<<

Before those Games even opened I had a taste of the idiots running them and
the security! That's why I turned down the senior photo position to the
chief photo organizer!

The security clearance they required was so stupid one had to imagine they
watched way too much TV!

For one:  "... the maiden name of my long dead mother from Wales.. father
from England.. Like they were really long gone.
And when I left it blank on the form returning it to the "security probe
office" I started to receive phone calls from Atlanta asking for the
information and a pile of other stupid crap with absolutely no relevance to
whom I was nor Games experience!

The Atlanta Olympic Games since my first in 1968 were one Olympics I have no
"I'm sorry I missed them." feelings!

ted

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] The Green Line. :-))
Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] The Green Line. :-))