Subject: [Leica] RE: Re: Re:Autofoucs (Douglas Herr)
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Jul 23 18:03:22 2006

I'm with Doug on the sensor locations affecting the convenience of the use.
When slumming away from my M, I've mostly used, lock the centre sensor on
the desired point, holding the shutter release part way down, then
recompose. No doubt the clever systems can be good for fast action or
similar. I just never practised enough, maybe. The centre sensor only method
is the only option with some cameras, such as the compact (Kyocera) Contaxes
T's and also the G's. It then seems natural to continue this method with an
SLR. Must be my fossilised brain at work there.
For the now defunct Contax AF SLRs (N series) the extra sensor points are at
the thirds intersections, which I think is clever design. Also a very groovy
simple joystick selection method for those points, plus in pairs if you
want. Such a shame that all of these Kyocera cameras are gone. I like the
glass and the ergonomics. Sigh.

Cheers
Hoppy