Subject: [Leica] Re: Battery charging
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Mon Jul 24 15:26:59 2006

Larry:

How long do your batteries last?  Buy more.  Charge 'em before you go.

I bought a couple Impact brand ones for my Canon 5D.  $35 apiece.  They both
fit into my vertical grip.  I decided to see just how far they'll go.  I'm
charging them now, as I type.  They're not completely dead, but the battery
indicator just started to flash earlier this afternoon.  2800 pictures
later.  Which is 36 gig for me.  I carry my Canon battery as a spare.  As an
added backup, my vertical grip comes with a way to use AA batteries.  So I
carry that, filled with new batteries, too.  I've never had to use it, yet.

While I don't see any grips for the Oly E-500, you should be able to stock
up on several batteries.  The Impact ones hold more and are cheaper than the
Olympus ones.  Same as with the Canon ones.  I've yet to have a problem with
them.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/