Subject: [Leica] Playing with the Hektor 6,3/2,8cm & Leica IIIF
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Mon Jul 24 23:46:00 2006

I've got 40+ rolls socked away, waiting to be processed. I'm waiting
for the heat to die down a bit.
I've been shooting with the 2.8cm Hektor and a 3.5cm Summaron lately.
I'm beginning to find that I use both equally as often.
I had a slight mishap with the 2.8cm, it came with a separating first
doublet. A trip to Focal Point cured it of that problem.
I tested the hektor against a friend's 2.8cm Summaron. There is a
slight difference in the mid range contrast, the Summaron has a
slightly greater range there. I found that for my size printing, 6x8,
it made that difference too slight to matter.
I use Neopan 1600, at 800, as it shoots like a fine grain film from
an earlier era with those lenses.

Slobodan Dimitrov
Studio G-8,
Angels Gate Cultural Center