Subject: [Leica] FLOWERS -believe it! ;-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Jul 25 10:33:31 2006

>>Subject: Re: [Leica] FLOWERS -believe it! ;-)
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album469/Leica_Gallery_flower_FLOWERS

George Lottermoser offered:
> "painterly" came to mind as a first impression.<<<

Hi George,
It's an effect of using the 80mm 1.4 wide open. If one were to say it's a
"Leica glow look?"  it might be pushing it a little. But it makes a
beautiful print almost like a painting. After all flowers don't always have
to be a catalogue sharp illustration.

She who must be obeyed as soon as she saw it, is having it framed as we
speak! :-) Hey a guy can't get any better compliment than when his wife of
56 years immediately takes the print out of your hands and off to the
framing shop! :-) But she might be a tad bias because she's been looking at
my stuff from the beginning as she gave me the first camera for a birthday
gift right after we were married and started this wicked wicked life of
mine! ;-) .

Quite frankly it does make a beautiful print on Crane's MUSEO 100% cotton,
Velina Finish Bright White paper. The printer, Epson 2200.
ted

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] FLOWERS -believe it! ;-))
Message from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] FLOWERS -believe it! ;-))