Subject: [Leica] Just curious
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Fri Jul 28 12:10:32 2006

On Jul 28, 2006, at 2:00 PM, Robert Beaudoin wrote:

>   Again, just curious and...puzzled.
>
>   Best,
>
>   Robert (Un chevalier sans blason)

Robert, I did not exclude overseas sale and shipping in my ad, but I
do think I understand why some folk prefer not to.  Several of the
discovered to my chagrin after a recent sale overseas.  Not only was
the wait on line very long, the postal clerk who was filling the
forms, with a new Postal Service software program, screwed up
royally, and expensively.  He knew he had screwed up, so he did it
over, and over, until on the 4th try he gave up and asked for help.
At that point, I was confused, and so was everybody else.  The buyer
overseas was extraordinarily gracious, but I learned a hard lesson.

Second, some of us do not have easy access to UPS.  Not impossible
mind you, just difficult.  I have now taken care of that, through my
daughter's company.

Third, the potential for fraud is, for me, minimized since I would
required payment by PayPal for a shipment overseas.

Ken

The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r

Current Medium Format Photos:
http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn