Subject: [Leica] Just curious
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Jul 28 22:06:38 2006

I'd like to echo Nathan's thoughts on this as a fellow non USA shopper.
I do understand that a seller may be reluctant to complete perhaps some
extra form when sending OS. Who they choose to deal with is of course, there
own prerogative.
Notwithstanding that, it's unreasonable to label all OS buyers as higher
fraud risks than domestic ones. There are some areas where this is
apparently endemic and I wouldn't be comfortable dealing on that basis
either. I don't know the mechanics of the US customs procedures for postal
items, here it would add less than a minute to the post office visit.

My family over the last couple of years have received, without difficulty
more than 200 parcels from outside Australia. USA, Canada, Germany, UK,
Thailand, Singapore, and the list continues. Largely USPS but also UPS. We
have had exactly one problem in that time, which was a parcel from Canada
that actually got mixed up in the packing of another person's parcel while
on a bench in Australian Customs. I even got that one from the upstanding
surprise recipient.
Not infrequently a parcel from USA will arrive here faster than one posted
from the other side of Australia.

So folks, it can work well with O/S buyers, sometimes the prices are better
for us even with shipment costs (so that's a win for all) and we're all part
of the global community.

Cheers
Hoppy
My name is Hoppy and I'm an eBaholic.