Subject: [Leica] Just curious
From: lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Sat Jul 29 03:17:10 2006

The only problems I've had as a seller in the UK have been with
buyers from the US and South-East Asia.

Quite a number of US purchasers have ignored the fact that the stated
postage for items is for the UK only, despite it being clearly stated
several times that additional charges have apply for overseas
shipping - I had one person send me some US coins to cover the
additional postage! Then there was the guy who refused to pay for an
M2 because it was too expensive!!!

With South-East Asia the problem was mainly non-payers, although
there was also one buyer who bought an LP and insisted that it be
sent surface mail to save a pound or so. When it arrived six weeks or
so later it was damaged, I took the hit for that and refunded the buyer.

However, most of my experiences (over 95%) have been positive, and
I've been very happy with what I've bought and sold - a 50mm
Summicron for my R8/Canon 5D for just over 100 GBP for example.

Steve

Replies: Reply from pjleeson at mchsi.com (Philip Leeson) ([Leica] Just curious)