Subject: [Leica] Just curious
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Mon Aug 7 20:27:00 2006

Eh?!

If you don't fill out the forms properly you may well be charged
inappropriate duties. Hardly the fault of Revenue Canada. I have
always found them to be very reasonable myself. Once or twice they
have made a mistake and a simple letter with back up documentation
has resulted in a refund.

I do have the problem of sellers in the US refusing my specific
instructions to mark the proper purchase price on the custom forms.
Instead they mark a ridiculously low value or, worse, that it is a
gift. This means the package is held up until it can be opened,
inspected and a proper value assessed. I know they are trying to be
"nice" but it is all I can do not to drive down and dismember them in
a most un-photogenic way.

Yours Respectfully,

John Collier

Message from dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella) ([Leica] Just curious)