Subject: [Leica] Fwd: Times-Picayune Photojournalist Arrested After Chase
From: wooderson at gmail.com (Matt Powell)
Date: Wed Aug 9 15:41:24 2006

On 8/9/06, B. D. Colen <bd@bdcolenphoto.com> wrote:
> Right...allow me to leap to conclusion - white guy who all the cops know
> isn't shot; black guy who they didn't, under precisely same circumstances,
> would have been so filled with lead the EPA would have declared him a Super
> Fund site. Am I right, or have I leapt to a Harvardian Knee Jerk Liberal
> Yankee Conclusion?

I think you're mostly right, but in this case it rests less on race,
but on familiarity. It's a natural assumption for the cops to make
that they can predict the behavior of a known quantity better than
they can a stranger, making lethal force less necessary.

--
MP
wooderson@gmail.com

Replies: Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] Fwd: Times-Picayune Photojournalist Arrested After Chase)