Subject: [Leica] Great Grandmother 2
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Aug 11 15:42:59 2006

Tina,
I personally much prefer the original, and like others, didn't even look in
the background with the subject so compelling and elegantly lit.
I'd read one suggestion on the original, which was to burn or dodge so that
the background was darkened rather than to blur any part of the image.
I can see that working, in that it wouldn't affect the crispness of the
detail in the subject. A quick play with Photokit would soon show you if you
wanted to go that way.
That approach really comes down to how purist you are, though, don't you
think? I really enjoy Photoshop, but sometimes I think the question is
should you rather than can you.

Anyway, this viewers vote for the original and beautiful image.

Cheers
Hoppy
Propagandist for the people's movement for purity and resolution,
Summicron province.