Subject: [Leica] Jeffrey PAW--Week 33
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Thu Aug 17 06:19:54 2006

For medium format, the amount of developer is so enormous compared to the
amount of film, I ignore the "twice as much" rule. With 35mm, I have been
using twice as much developer.

I didn't "ripen" the developer with junk film, but did develop a roll of
HP5+ that was semi-worthless before developing important rolls. Although
unblinkingeye says that not using it "broken in" first is inviting disaster,
the film came out fine. I am buying mine from the only source I know of...
www.frugalphotographer.com. It comes as two plastic bags of crystals. As the
others have said, its appearance doesn't inspire confidence (I still filter
mine through a Melitta coffee filter), but I cannot complain about the
results.