Subject: [Leica] Fwd: Times-Picayune Photojournalist Arrested After Chase
From: allen.graves at charter.net (Allen Graves)
Date: Thu Aug 17 20:19:37 2006

Thanks for injecting a little common sense into
this tirade, Sonny. As a fellow Southerner living
in a college town, I find the stereotyping of the
"Old South" fairly amazing. Our cities here, too,
hire the working class and give them guns as
police officers. In the South now, a lot of the
working class is black so they are hired as
policemen and  given guns.Things are  by no means
perfect here but it's also not 1954 anymore
either.

As an aside, despite their negative image, in 30
years of visiting NO I have never had a real
problem with an NOPD officer. They are often
highly stressed (Imagine if half the US saw your
city as the perfect place to get obnoxiously
drunk) but have always been pretty nice guys if
treated with a modicum of respect.

Allen