Subject: [Leica] Fwd: Times-Picayune Photojournalist Arrested After Chase
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Thu Aug 17 20:36:09 2006

My favorite tourist town police are in coastal Turkey. They wander
around with machine guns, but are very accomodating to all the
partying tourists. Not because they're nice people, necessarily, but
because they are there to protect the tourists in the first place -
money speaks volumes.  Imagine the headlines, "Turkish Police
Brutalize 17 Year Old German Female Tourist." That wouldn't do
nicely at all for the economies of the coastal cities, would it?

Sorry about the class reference. We have a cultural taboo about
talking about class openly in America, and I think it's stupid. Hmm,
so I guess I'm not really sorry about mentioning class after all :-)

Scott

--
Pics @ http://www.adrenaline.com/snaps
Leica M6TTL, Bessa R, Nikon FM3a, Nikon D70, Rollei AFM35

Message from allen.graves at charter.net (Allen Graves) ([Leica] Fwd: Times-Picayune Photojournalist Arrested After Chase)