Subject: [Leica] Epson RD1
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Aug 22 19:57:48 2006

Frank F. Farmer asked:

 > Is Epson still making these?  In anticipation of the upcoming M8, I was
> surfing around a couple of my favorite online gear shops today to sift
> through various digital offerings.  However, it seems like no one is
> stocking RD1's anymore. >

FWIW at the recent swimming championships a buddy of mine, Reuters
wire-photographer just returned from assignment in Japan with a new RD-1 for
$2200 Canadian dollars.

Of course he being a Leica nut case for many years was shooting B&W for his
own use. He was extremely pleased with it and the results so far. I figure
if the Leica digital is so far out of price range I'll look at any new
version RD-'s coming on the market so I can use my Noctilux with it shooting
digital. :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from eric.calderwood at btinternet.com (EricC) ([Leica] Epson RD1)
Reply from s_gregory1 at mac.com (Scott Gregory) ([Leica] Epson RD1)