Subject: [Leica] Re: Virus
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri Aug 25 09:21:07 2006

On Aug 25, 2006, at 11:42 AM, Brian wrote:

With regards to the virus reported by Nathan from someone using
GeeBee's address,

> It did, however, come from someone who is subscribed to the LUG. At
> least one of you has a virus-infected computer.

I understand that Nathan is using a Mac Powerbook G4 laptop. I have a
plethora of Macs ranging from early models to the latest Intel Mac
and I have found very few PC viruses that will infect them. Certainly
none that will get through a Systemworks virus screen. Viruses are a
serious matter for the LUG since so many of us come from different
computing environments and it is possible that some new infection may
slip under the barrier. I would like to know the nature of the virus
that Nathan found. Any comments Nathan? What operating system are you
using?

Larry Z

P.S. The only serious locus of Mac virus infestation I found was at
the University of Wales. It must have something to do with the leeks.

Replies: Reply from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Re: Virus)
Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Re: Virus)