Subject: [Leica] New posts from Hoppy, and Limos on Steroids
From: Bartphotog at aol.com (Bartphotog@aol.com)
Date: Fri Aug 25 15:49:23 2006

In a message dated 8/25/06 3:17:13 AM, hoppyman@bigpond.net.au writes:

<< Folks, all of that story has got to be worth some feedback on the
pictures. >>

The pictures are wonderful, especiallythe mournful portrait of old Neddy and
his Mum, the laughing busker, and the enigmatic portrait of the girl in the
fantastic geometric surroundings.  And you prove what I learned some time
ago
about trying to get up the nerve to take pictures of strangers - it's a lot
easier if they're playing a role, or participating in a performance or
celebration
of some sort - they're fairly begging to be photographed!

As for the "industrial strength limo," folks here in California, who
evidently ache to be the center of attention, have decided it is desirable
to be
transported in a "stretch" limosine, I.e., one which has had its length
extended,
from a little to a ridiculous lot, by welding a section in between the front
and rear axles, lengthening the drive shaft, etc.  At first, it was just
mildiy
extended standard limos - a foot or two for extra leg space.  Then it was
grossly extended - five feet or more - regular limos.  Then extended
minivans.
Lately, the trend has produced a flock of, you guessed it, hyperextended
Hummers, as much as 10 feet longer, I'd guess, than standard  So, the
vehicle which
is already something of a parody of SUVs (you never see one with actual mud
on
it, any more than you do a Cadillac Escalade, despite the Hummer's military
origins) gets stretched to approximately the length of a railroad car,
scarcely
able to make a turn between two 4-lane roads within the confines of the
intersection.  Rumor has it that one or more have been put together with a
hot tub
in the center section!  O glorious, wretched excess!

Bart

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] New posts from Hoppy, and Limos on Steroids)