Subject: [Leica] Non-waterproof Leica
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sat Aug 26 14:38:56 2006

B.D.,
A Leica M is certainly not as water sealed as a D2X, 1DsMkII or a E-1 , but
my experience is that it stands a certain amount of rain better than many
other film and digital SLR cameras from the past and from now. I used my M6
on longer, sometimes very rainy, hikes in the alps and it got rather wet
more than once, without making troubles. I would consider this as
rudimentary sealed, but of course not enough sealed for real professional
field work like Ted's collegues here: http://tinyurl.com/mjts9
:-)
Didier

Replies: Reply from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Non-waterproof Leica)