Subject: [Leica] Re:Photos of M8 now D2x
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Aug 26 19:04:31 2006

Chris,
Again, that just doesn't make sense from a user point of view.  The reason
the D2X is discounted so heavily is that the high speed mode just did not
work with the little corners telling you that you were cutting off heads.
The new version fogs the outer area in high speed mode so you don't screw
up; but the damage is done for the sports shooters who have mega $ in glass
now.

So let's see, I spend 8K on a 20MP D3 but with my lenses it is a 12K no
different than my D2X and we all know that brother Canon will bring out the
1DsMkII with 20ishMP at PMA or earlier and they have a good selection of
lenses for all purposes.  No, I think Nikon will push the APS-C sensor
technology with much higher pixel density and work on software solutions to
noise.

Now, if Nikon has some patents that Canon wants then all bets are off now
that Sony is building a DSLR.  Wouldn't want to support a competitor too
heavily.

Truly, the results you get with your D2 are mighty fine and your clients
demand rather a high quality so what is the point of more?  Smaller,
lighter, same build quality make sense, higher flash synch speeds make
sense, better viewfinder screens make sense, longer batterylife makes
sense.  But a full frame sensor when the sales numbers are all down in the
1K to 2K range just doesn't make sense from a financial moving more boxes
point of view.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com