Subject: [Leica] New Orleans 1 Year Later
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Aug 26 19:57:40 2006

Sonny offered:
>>Please don't say that.   It is the risk we in Louisiana all take  when we
smile, and are proud of what has been accomplished,  but it is  not normal.
It
is not the same, an I don't know if it will ever be.

Mandinas is gone.  Circle Grocery is gone.  oh.. so many places I  loved are
gone.<<<

Sonny,
I don't have any doubt people like yourself who lived and work there for
many years of your lives have quite an infinite feeling for the city and
area that can never be replaced by clean-up and replaced buildings.

And as you've pointed out, >>> Mandinas is gone.  Circle Grocery is gone.
oh.. so many places I  loved are gone.<<<

A town or city where a person has lived for the better part of their lives
becomes a very emotional attachment others who've never lived through the
destruction of Mother Nature can understand. We may feel sorrow for those
misplaced and lost due to the storm, I doubt any of us who did not live
locally could ever understand what folks like yourself feel.

I can only trust this year there are no hurricanes or storms anywhere near
the strength of Katrina and people living in your part of the world will
finally see a finish to the reconstruction so everyone can get on with their
lives.

ted