Subject: [Leica] PAW 34 dlridings
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun Aug 27 13:51:48 2006

At 03:59 AM 8/27/2006 -0700, Daniel Ridings wrote:

Daniel:  There's really nothing wrong with the 90 Elmars except their speed
and age.  There's especially nothing wrong with them for people pictures.
http://www.dlridings.se/gallery/v/shoebox/2006v34/06v34-0002.jpg.html

I just realized something.  Whenever I see a picture of Rebecca with a
humorously defiant teenage-angst saying on her T-shirt, the text is in
English.  Does Sweden only allow such subversive texts in English, saving
its native tongue for more elevated and noble discourse?  Is Rebecca
stubbornly clinging to her American half in Yankee-Doodle fashion?  Does
English have a "coolness" cachet in Scandinavia?  Or am I just being
excessively postmodern, turning night into day and lingonberry pancakes
into sourdough flapjacks?

Inquiring minds wanna know. . .   :-)    :-)    :-)

--Peter

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] PAW 34 dlridings)
Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] PAW 34 dlridings)
Reply from dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella) ([Leica] PAW 34 dlridings)