Subject: [Leica] Re: New York hurricane
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Aug 27 16:39:08 2006

Larry,
First, the governments of New York are vastly more capable than what was in
NO.  Second, building codes actually exist and are enforced.  Third, nobody
is building below sea level so water will come and then recede instead of
staying for months.  Now, I did live in Houston when a Cat 3 blew in and the
all glass buildings did lose a lot of glass, mostly due to gravel roofs.

If the worst comes and you live two stories above ground, then stockpile
water, batteries, and food that will keep for a week or two.  If you live
within say sixty miles of the coast and are at ground level then start
buying plywood if the storm hits the Gulf with winds over 50 mph and is
picking up strength.  If you live on the coast then buy your plywood but
make plans to get out of Dodge 30-40 hours ahead of time.  Oh, and fill up
your gas tank as a whole lot of folks won't think of that until the last
minute when the power is going out and stations can't pump.

But, I think that if all goes badly and Cuba doesn't break up this storm
then it will cross Florida and possibly harass the Atlantic coastlines of
Georgia, S. Carolina, and N. Carolina.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com