Subject: [Leica] Harvard tuition
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Thu Aug 31 17:48:15 2006

At 07:31 PM 8/31/2006, Don Dory wrote:
>Third, some of the very best professors are at
>the highly selective schools; sometimes those folks can open whole new
>worlds of thinking.

Ah!  A fascinating point, Don, and thanks for making it.

MSU runs a long series of Social Studies academic
lists call H-Net.  I happen to be an H-War
editor.  One of the other editors is flying in
from Germany (via Colorado, for reasons which
remain obscure) this Saturday evening for a stint
at the George C Marshall Library at the Virginia
Military Institute in Lexington, Virginia.  I
will pick him up and transport him there in the
middle of Tropical Depression Ernesto's aftermath.

I am calling together a bunch of professors and
academics and interested folks to meet with him
on the evening of Friday, 22 SEP 2006 (yes, the
birthday of both Bilbo and Frodo and all of that)
at the Palm Parlor in Lexington, Virginia.  Those
interested in an exciting discussion of just why
the Germans managed to salvage what they did out
of the battle of the Falaise Pocket are welcome
to attend -- we probably will also address the
Encirclement of Nancy and the related campaigns.

It is kind of nice to be able to call up faculty
members more than thirty years after graduation
and hear that they are eager to attend.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!