Subject: [Leica] Which camera would you NOT CARRY IN YER POCKET
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Sep 5 20:42:56 2006

I have not chimed in on this thread because everyone has a different take on
what works.  I have had and used most of the cameras mentioned and just
could not get along with them.  The XA didn't mass enough and in middling
poor light always had camera shake, the various T's suffered from the same
problem, the Yashica's didn't give me any manual ability, the Canonets were
almost as big as an M and I couldn't change lenses.  So, I mostly carry an M
with mostly a 50 but some days a 24, 75, 90, 21 or what have you.  Over your
shoulder it just doesn't cause any problems.  With focus reset to closest
and a rough adjustment to conditions you can almost instantly take a
picture.

As to Sonny's comments, yes.  Atlanta's SMSA has almost 5 million folk and I
almost never get any notice as I snap total strangers.  The camera is part
of me so having it in hand or at the eye is just more of me.  Try it, carry
your M or ZI or C/V, or whatever over your shoulder for sixty days and you
will find that first it becomes part of you and then no one notices it or
you.  ( All bets are off if you are in a Kilt, Bikini, or a Bow tie.) :)

Don
don.dory@gmail.com