Subject: [Leica] Finally New gallery up
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri Sep 8 23:47:47 2006

At 07:30 PM 9/8/2006 -0700, our esteemed Grand Poohbah wrote:
>This means that you created a new login on the gallery instead of using
>your old one, and that you provided the login code "bdcolen" to both of
>them. That means that there are two parallel universes out there. In order
>to allow both of them to co-exist, the system had to stick the suffix _001
>on your second login registration.

Brian and B. D. :  This happened to me.  I logged in to post a picture.  It
ended up in a new album pklein_001.  My old "master" album "pklein" was
still there, with all my old picture albums underneath it.  For the life of
me I couldn't get the software to recognize the old pklein album as my
master album anymore, even though it knew that both pklein and pklein_001
belonged to me.

So I simply moved all my picture albums into pklein_001, deleted pklein,
and renamed pklein_001 to pklein.  The gallery thinks it got its way.  I
got to keep the same name.  Brian didn't have to clean up after
me.  Everybody's happy.

What puzzles me is that I simply logged in using my same login name and
password as before. Yet the gallery insisted on creating the new "master"
album. Even though I already had one, with all my picture albums underneath
it.

And Brian, thank you so much for keeping (and in this case rebuilding) the
saloon.

--Peter