Subject: Dealing with the Photo Blahs [was Re: [Leica] Catching Up]
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Sep 11 15:30:10 2006

The blahs hit everyone no matter who they are, or think they are.

Most of us have a normal daily routine of getting up, a coffee, computer
screen, shower, breakfast and that's extremely close to every morning same
time same place!

Then going out the door about the same time every day but Sunday. So quite
often we see the same things day after day at approximately the same time,
same light, therefore we never see anything in our surroundings new. The
Blahs become our condition and worsen to the point where we become
emotionally blind!

So we need something economical to get us over this mental blindness.

Instead of getting up at exactly the same time..... change it by an hour or
two earlier, yeah I can hear the griping already.;-) ... but it's free. Get
up grab the clothes and camera out the door, Pre-dawn. Then you're out there
as the new light of day begins and trust me it's a beautiful heart warming
visual light!

Guess what?  You'll find a whole new world of photo opportunities and it
hasn't cost you a penny! Even if you do a walk about in your neighbourhood
it will be brand new due to the dawn light motivating you because you've
never seen it at that time of day before.

I've done this routine any number of times on paid shoots in strange cities
and hometown locations, it shows you an unseen view of your world with the
"Dawns' early light!" ;-)

And if you're lucky and there's a slight drizzle some mornings that's a
bonus because the shiny streets make use of the light twice due to
reflections.

Another bonus? It's free! :-) So alright already, stop the whining blah
stuff and get out there tomorrow morning at 6 a.m, what are waiting for? ;-)

ted

tedgrantphoto.com
Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road