Subject: [Leica] now dip n dunk kink
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Sep 13 16:45:05 2006

Rick Dykstra said and asked:
Subject:  now dip n dunk kink

> In an earlier message I mentioned to Hoppy that I use Ted Grant's  book,
> 'This is Our Work', to flatten my trannies when I get em back  from the
> lab. Does any one have a good way to get rid of the kink?  Frankly > Ted,
> your book isn't quite heavy enough to flatten these mid roll kinks
> quickly.  Could you make your next one at least twice as thick please?<<<

Rick,
On my goodnes of course, we always try to please!;-)

> I'd thought about ironing the kink out.  Anyone tried this?<

I don't have a problem with this as long as you keep the iron just "warm to
the hand!" If you have a roll where the kink isn't right across a keeper
frame it's got to be worth a try. In any event you have nothing to loose and
something to learn.

Light pressure,  emulsion side down.

ted

Message from rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra) ([Leica] was Video of M8 - now dip n dunk kink)