Subject: [Leica] Re: Video of M8
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Wed Sep 13 16:55:25 2006

Skip "cheaper" and focus on "faster/easier." Heavy post processing
duty can be a big drag and time suck.  I was talking to my buddy
at 1:00 AM last night. He shoots lots of artwork for galleries, and
he was goofing around endlessly trying to get the colors right.

If he put an actual dollar figure on his time (he doesn't) instead of
"the job," I shudder to think what the hourly rate might be compared
to, say, a 24 year old punk who can program in Java. Hmmm, maybe
"cheaper" does start to enter into the equation again. Many/most
galleries want chromes, so these certainly get tossed to a good lab
and he simply passes through the lab costs. Digi doesn't seem so
straightforward pricing wise.

You were mentioning stock photography, and I'll admit, I know
nothing of the economics of this line of work. Sorry if I've veared
OT.

Scott