Subject: [Leica] RE: Trying to understand M8
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Sun Sep 17 09:34:30 2006

On 17/09/2006, at 14:47, Don Dory wrote:

> Adobe is the 800 kilo gorilla and if enough organisations would
> quit trying
> to reinvent the wheel and work within the open standard then their
> development costs would go down and we all would have a file system
> that is
> portable.

True, someone had to start with the first step and they were the
right ones to do it, just missed an open discussion with many voices.
Perhaps it will happen for the next revision.

> As to Adobe, so far they have been wonderful in dealing with old
> files in
> the context of their upgrades.  $150 every two years or so is not
> such a bad
> price to pay for the improved tools that show up with every upgrade.

yeah, they're fair enough in that way, among others, but it's not bad
to count with the rest if you want to reinforce your positions. As I
said before I wasn't charging against Adobe that I know since their
very initial releases or making an apology of propietary formats,
more likely I was understanding Nikon's posture.

Saludos
http://imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] RE: Trying to understand M8)
Message from lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda) ([Leica] RE: Trying to understand M8)