Subject: [Leica] Leica has bought Sinar -but who foots the bill??
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Sep 25 19:16:14 2006

Hi Doug, interesting indeed. As I understand it Leica made some profit but
it didn't come from the film camera area?
Someone paid for that Hermes portion of the shares, too. In all quite some
amounts flowing in with the R&D for four new digital
cameras too. It does seem as though some folks have a reasonable expectation
of the company surviving and yielding returns.
Philosophically ties with people in the optical and imaging areas seem more
satisfying/promising than with unrelated areas. Still
its all becoming as convoluted as the Zeiss story to follow!
Cheers
Hoppy