Subject: [Leica] Re: New Leica varifinder is rather huge
From: smcj35 at yahoo.com (Colin J)
Date: Thu Sep 28 02:19:58 2006

David Keenan wrote:

>My plans to buy one of the new Tri-Elmar lenses is now on indefinite hold.
>
>Buying a small camera, adding a relatively small, super-versatile lens, and
>then have to put a small -- and pretty ugly -- house on top of the camera to
>use the lens is difficult to accept.

David,

The new finder is too huge and I predict it will be major disincentive for
buyers of the new wide angle Tri-Elmar.

If using the new Tri-Elmar with the M8, you can use the much more compact
current finder 21-24-28mm.  This gives the exact angle of view for the
16-18-21mm Tri-Elmar on the M8.

But this solution does not work for the M film bodies.  You could use
separate finders for the focal lengths 16mm (Contax available) and 21mm
(Leica, Voigtlander, Zeiss Ikon, Contax available) but I do not know of an
18mm finder.

Colin

http://www.yahoo.co.uk/blackberry

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Re: New Leica varifinder is rather huge)