Subject: [Leica] Replacement for the C86 printer with Ultratone (carbon)inks
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Oct 4 11:43:19 2006

David Rodgers wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> How well does the C86 and Ultratones work?

In my opinion it is simply great. Easy and top, top notch quality. You
don't have to take my word for it. There are a dozen people here on the
list who have a half a dozen sample prints (the lug print exchange).

> I want
> something that is easy to use. I don't want a lot of hassles.

You can print out your pictures in MS Word if you want. The C86 and UT
EZ inks do not use ICC or other complicated routines. You just print
with the existing Epson driver.

> I understand there are some new Epsons, like the R200(?). I wonder if
> those are a good option. I recall not too long ago that Mark Rabiner
> referenced something along those lines. (Mark is a master printer whose
> opinion I greatly respect).

Mark has one of my prints. He would be able to compare.

> Are the Ultratone Inks from MIS?

Yes there are: www.inksupply.com

http://www.inksupply.com/qn.cfm

Hope that helps a little bit.