Subject: [Leica] Leica Niche Market share - was An American Yankee in Herr Leitz' Court
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat Oct 7 17:20:18 2006

Let's just hope they return to R4-R7 styling and size if/when they
decide to release an R10D. The R8/9  are just too voluminous, even for
my big hands.
IMO, the only way they will get into the market for "real" DSLRs will be
with a full frame (12 or more mP) sensor enabling the use of existing
R-lenses as they were intended to be used. Focus confirmation for manual
lenses, and AF with a new series of lenses is perhaps a little too much
to hope for.
Knowing Leica's past record, they would probably put in a terribly
complicated hybrid system to switch a full size sensor to 4/3 and use
existing/planned 4/3 lenses too :-)
Douglas