Subject: [Leica] 6-bit codes
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sat Oct 7 21:15:03 2006

Gulp. I took two of my three M lenses in to K&S today to be sent off to have
6-bit codes put in them or on them or whatever. My third (and most
frequently used) lens is the 50mm collapsible Elmar that oughtn't be used in
an M8. I wonder whether I'll get my lenses back before or after Leica
actually delivers M8's to people?

The service desk at K&S told me that Leica isn't planning to start the 6-bit
coding work until November 1, but that by sending my lenses in a few weeks
early I'd ensure a place in line. We shall see.

Brian Reid

Replies: Reply from montoid at earthlink.net (Montie) ([Leica] 6-bit codes)
Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] 6-bit codes)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] 6-bit codes)